Ever wonder how to give your man that little lift he needs during a hard week or time in life? Everyone goes through trials whether they come in the form of challenges or changes. And anyone- especially your hubby- can use some encouragement along the way.
It’s no secret that men often feel like they are living a lie about who they really are and what they are capable of. In her book For Women Only, Shaunti Feldhahn sights multiple surveys she conducted personally. She talked with men from all walks of life and she concludes that a majority of men just need a little inspiration in their lives to make them “go for the gold”. They need someone to believe in them more than they believe in themselves. They want to know they are good at what they do- like providing for their family, that their family looks up to them and that they can make their wife happy!
There’s an old joke about a U.S. president walking with his wife, who sees one of her old boyfriends in a less-than-glorious occupation. The president looks at the old boyfriend and remarks, “If you hadn’t married me, you might be married to that guy.”
The first lady answers calmly. “If I had married him, he’d be president of the United States.” She understood the power of inspiration!
We know that occupation is not the measure of a man. But as a wife, you do possess a unique power to inspire and influence your partner. It can move him toward greatness. Did you realize you have this magic power? Read below to learn about this Magic!
When we believe in another person and express that belief, they feel more secure. It inspires confidence. They can take leaps of faith and endure pressure that would usually get them stuck or might even move them toward giving up.
Here are some suggestions from Jane Breitenstein with Family Life. I hope you find some that fit you and your most significant relationship! Or, make something up and tell us about it in the comments below.
How to Inspire Your Husband and build Relationships
1) Send him an email. Example: “Praying for you today. Thanks for being courageous in ______”
2) Give him one night on a regular basis to do something he loves.
3) Initiate affection and sex.
4) Show respect in what he does and who he is.
5) Leave sticky notes in his lunch, on his steering wheel, in his briefcase, etc. “So proud of all you’ve been doing with _____”. “You are so great with our kids.” “You are my dream come true.”
6) Be proactive about doing something together that he really enjoys. Make a date, talk about the plans, and share his enthusiasm!
7) Tell him about the areas he’s gifted in. Don’t lie, be honest so he can trust you in what you say.
8) Pray for him.
9) Leave a voicemail for him: “Thanks for taking such good care of our family.” “Thanks for going to work every day and earning a living. You’re a great example for our kids.”
10) Initiate affection and sex.
Here are 10 more Ways
11) Have the kids write him notes about what they love about him as a dad.
12) Ban yourself from nagging, which is the Great Life Sucker
13) ASK HIM, “If I could do one thing that would really encourage and inspire you, what would it be?” Then resist getting defensive if you feel like you’re already on top of this and just follow through.
14) Do something fun and unexpected together. Example: paintball; laser tag; have a picnic, blow bubbles, swing, go to a drive-in and make-out during the movie.
15) Think about a way you’ve been hurting or annoying him. Maybe you haven’t been stepping into his world to understand what it’s like to be him. Ask questions, be interested in how he sees things and then continue the study of his view.
16) Create a cheerful atmosphere when he comes home so he feels welcome in his own space and actually wants to “come home”.
17) Discover his “Love Language” and love him the way that makes him feel most accepted and loved. Learn your Love Language for Free
18) Let him overhear you speaking well of him on the phone among friends or in public places.
19) Give grace when he messes up and hurts your feelings so that it doesn’t continue to damage the relationship. Compassion and mercy can go a long way when someone is really sorry for their actions. Don’t keep hounding him over the screw up, let it go (I mean, really let it go).
20) Initiate affection and sex – always a great go to!
Let us know what is most effective to build up your man! Write us in the comments below and be sure to share this post with friends!